Family Picture

Family  Picture
Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

Closed Minds

Well here's how the story goes, there's a guy in one of my buildings. He claims that he's fallen away from the church but he still wears his garments. So we got to talking today about the prop 8 and he asked me if I voted for it. I said no I voted against it. I said I come from a family where I have plenty of gay relatives and I think that they deserve to have the same family rights as we do. Well he went on to tell me that my opinion is wrong with the church and I"m going against the church. I said I believe that we are given choice and accountability for a reason. I know they may not choose to be gay, but there is still accountability that they will have to face. I said my mom raised me to be open minded and not to worry about what will happen to others when they face god. I know I only worry about myself and my family.
He then went on to tell me how they didn't have a "vision" to allow the blacks into the church. He was telling me that the government was hounding the church and saying they would take away tax credits from BYU if we didn't allow the blacks in. I told him that we don't know what really came about. WE weren't in with the first presidency when they were praying about it.
Needless to say he's always trying to get me to read anti-mormon literature. I told him I would read it the day he quit being a hypocrite and quit wearing his garments. I told him that I've had a pretty shitty life and as he said "why would god make someone gay if it's against his will" and my reply was " I've had a pretty crappy life. I could have many times said God why did you give me sooo many burdens and hardships. But I didn't I grew from them and I learned and my faith is increased ten fold" With that he shut up and walked away. As for me I think he's a tool!!

No comments:

NKOTB

NKOTB
Me and all my girls at the new kids concert

Pinetop

Pinetop
See we can ride horses

word!!!

word!!!
You know what I mean!!!

Smooches

Smooches
Oh How I love my mooches from my baby boy!!!!

Tanner and I at the park

I'm stealing a smooch from chuckles!

Montana Fun

Montana Fun

Fishin

Fishin
Sporting the BIGGEST catch of the day

The Catches of the Day

The Catches of the Day
Rylle and Tanners Fish

Tanner

Tanner
Catchin the rain

Rylle and I coloring at the museum

Me N Boo

Zoo

Zoo
Tanner and I at the Phx Zoo